Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Project 31 day 15

Day 15.  Write to encourage a friend.  Inspire her beauty.
As sad and lame as this sounds, I really don't have any friends at the moment. Sure, I have people I use to be friends with who I'm still friendly with on facebook but with them being busy with their college lives and me being busy with my mommy life it's kind of like we've all just moved on. I'm not sure I even really know any of the people who I use to call my "best friends" anymore. I also have people who I am friends with but I don't know very well yet, so I'm not sure how exactly to apply them to today's challenge. 
I have what I guess we would call a "family friend" that I could write to though.

My husband's childhood best friend's wife has recently found out they are expecting their first child and she is about 7 weeks along. They are having a stressful time trying to keep this baby safe and sound in her belly.

Dear R, 
I know this is a very emotional time for you. It's exciting, scary, stressful and marvelous all at the same time. Being a mom for the first time is especially scary, you think "what if something goes wrong? What if something happens?" You fear that you're heart is going to be ripped out of your chest at any second. You thank God for every day that goes by that your baby is healthy and pray that the next day is just as successful.
I remember feeling scared about these things, but I learned that there is no reason to be afraid. God is looking out for you. He has plans for this baby, big plans. 
The best advice I could give to you about being afraid is to just keep looking forward. Don't dwell and stress yourself over the things you are afraid of, keep yourself as healthy as possible and trust that God is going to keep you both safe. Trust in him that he will get you and your little family through the rough times and you will all come out victorious with a healthy, happy little baby. 
Don't be afraid, just keep looking to the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment